Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Review: La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Fluid

They say that the best thing anybody can do for their skin is to wear sun protection every single day, even if you happen to live in England. Taking this much care of myself is something I've never really bothered with before, and my decade of smoking and sporadic water intake are starting to show. At 24 my skin is starting to look a bit shitty; it feels like every month I notice more lines and broken veins. I was always going to peak early, an unfortunate side effect of being Irish and freckly, and I had accepted it with (I think) resigned grace, somewhat. But this is just sad. So I've resolved to start trying a little, because apparently you can't be young and low maintenance for too long :( Or I can't, anyway.

I've been using this stuff instead of moisturiser every morning for a week or two now, and even though I'm sustaining myself largely on chocolate and not much else lately, my mum told me my skin looked good the other day. So it's definitely doing something. Also, it's not greasy or sticky which is the reason I usually hate sun cream, especially when I want to wear makeup over it. With this stuff, after a few hours I'm pretty much the same level of oily as usual, maybe even a little less so. BUY IT. Seems like a lot to spend, at around £16 from Boots (I'm pretty sure it was £11-ish when I bought it, maybe it was on special offer), but it's worth it, especially if you want clearer skin without having to eat healthily like some sort of bizzare rarity who has their shit together. Consider it a nice luxurious face cream, because that's pretty much what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment